ll children who reside legally in Stamford and are between the ages of five and eighteen years old are eligible to attend Stamford Public Schools.
Registering Your Child for School
You may register at your child's Districted School throughout the year, between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
** Please read the following information carefully BEFORE going to register your child **
Students registering for the Stamford Public School district fall into three categories:
- Entering Kindergarten
- Stamford children who will be five years old before January 1, 2012 will be eligible to attend Kindergarten in the Stamford Public Schools beginning September 2011.
- Entering Grades 1-12
- These are Stamford children who did not attend kindergarten in Stamford, are transfering from a Private School or whose parent(s)/guardian(s) have recently moved to stamford.
- Entering a Magnet School
- Entry to one of the District's six Magnet schools is through an annual district-wide Lottery and the registration process, therefore, follows a different path. Please visit the Magnet Schools section of our website for detailed information about the Magnet Schools, the Magnet Lottery and the Magnet School Admission process
Important! No child will be admitted to school without proper immunizations or proof of Stamford residency.
- To register a student for school you must provide:
- Identification: Needed for all new students and those entering grades 6 and 9
- Registration is by parent or legal guardian only
- Proof of legal guardianship is required
- Photo ID of parent or legal guardian is necessary
- Birth Certificate for Child. Original only. NO copies will be accepted.
- Proof of Residency: Needed for all new students and those entering grades 6 and 9
- A current lease if you rent OR
- A deed or current tax bill or bank mortgage showing ownership of a residence in Stamford AND
- A current utility bill: phone, gas, electric, cable, or water bill. (Cell phone bill is acceptable if it is part of your cable bill.)
- If you are not listed on a lease you must have a notarized residency form completed
- Health Requirements: Needed for new students only
- Proof of immunizations
- Proof of physical exam after September 1, 2010
- View or Download a List of the specific
Documents Required for New Student School Registration (PDF file)
Questions? Call 203-977-4465