Communications About School Emergencies, Closings or Delays
- Need information about a school emergency?
- Wondering if school is cancelled or delayed?
he Stamford Public School district uses several communication tools to notify families in the event of a school cancellation/delay or other emergency that requires school to dismiss early.
These tools include:
- ParentLink: ParentLink is an automated call-out service that will notify you in the event of a school cancellation, delay, emergency, or important reminder. In the event of early morning emergencies, such as school cancellations or delays, ParentLink will call your home phone number. If an emergency takes place during the school day, ParentLink will call ALL emergency numbers you provide. Please be sure your emergency numbers are up to date at all times. Report any changes in writing to your school’s main office.
- Radio and Television Stations: For broadcast announcements in English, available by 6:00 a.m.
- AM Radio:
- WICC 600 • WCBS 880 • WVIP 1310 • WNLK 1350 • WSTC 1400 • WGCH 1490
- FM Radio:
- WRKI 95.1 • WEFX 95.9 • WKHL 96.7 • WEZN 99.9 • WDBY 105.5 • WEBE 107.9
- WFSB Channel 3 • WNBC Channel 4 • WTNH Channel 8 • Cablevision News Channel 12 • WVIT Channel 30 • WRNN
- For a school's Early Dismissal/Delayed Opening Bell Schedule, please visit your school's profile page in the "School Profiles" section of this web site (on the left hand side of this page and also under the "SCHOOLS" Menu).
- Read or Download our Emergency Communications brochure: